Welcome to our Travel Blogger Insider series. In this series, we will give you the insider scoop on your favourite travel bloggers from around the globe. If you would like to be featured, feel free to email us or tag us in your social media posts to get noticed.
Here is our interview with Marjolein from Sneakers and Smoothies. Safe travels xx
Introduce yourself in 140 characters//
Born and raised in Holland: The cute little country of tulips and cheese. I love exploring new countries and I love taking lots of pretty of pictures while doing so.
Latest destination you visited//
Must-sees in Ghent//
I wrote down some must do’s:
- Breakfast/lunch at Simon Says, they’ll paint a face on your boiled egg (how cute is that?!) and their smoothies are amazing!
- Brunch/coffee at Jardin Bohemien, it’s such an inspiring place with lots of design furniture and amazing organic food.
- Lunch/dinner at Volta, the food is a-ma-zing. Nothing more to add.
- Furthermore the Design Museum; awesome designs are to be seen there.
- For the night: You should stay in this beyond awesome loft via airbnb: https://www.airbnb.nl/rooms/4498348?s=AYF2
- Furthermore just stroll a little, wander around and drink lots of coffee and/or belgium beers. You’ll feel at home quite easily.
Exclusive travel tips//
Always explore the things that don’t seem worth exploring. Go left where everybody goes right. AND don’t be afraid to ask the locals for tips.
Sneakers and Smoothies’ favourite destination//
It has to be New York. Not original, though so true. The vibe, the lights, the awesome new restaurants that are opening every week, the shopping… But most of all: the Empire State of Mind which you can feel in every vein when you walk those streets.
Sneakers and Smoothies’ Top 5 dream destinations for 2015//
South Africa (absolute nr. one!), Rome (still haven’t been there), Greece (relaxing + culture + luxury), The flamingo beach on Aruba! (no need to explain), New York. (Been there four times already. Can. Not. Get. Enough!)
What would your personal hashtag be?//
Wuw… This took me forever. But I go for: #hangry. For I am not exactly heaps of fun when hungry 😉
Follow Marjolein’s travels on social media//