Welcome to our Travel Blogger Insider series. In this series, we will give you the insider scoop on your favourite travel bloggers from around the globe. If you would like to be featured, feel free to email us or tag us in your social media posts to get noticed.
This week we interviewed Phoebe from Little Grey Box. It’s always great to see a fellow Brisbanite and travel addict exploring and sharing her candid tales with the world. Phoebe is one of our favourite travel bloggers because of her honest, and mostly hilarious, writing style and youtube videos, which inspire you to travel and see the lighter side of life. She also features a lot of local travel destinations around Queensland which are must visits on any itinerary here in Australia so for some amazing Australian travel inspiration, hop on over to Little Grey Box right now http://littlegreybox.net/ .
Safe travels xx
Introduce yourself in 140 characters//
Hi! I’m Phoebe Lee and I’m a writer, award-winning blogger & travel lover from mighty Brisvegas, Australia. I make fun YouTube videos and share helpful travel tips, insight & reviews on my website & blog, Little Grey Box.
Latest destination you visited//
I recently spent six weeks exploring Hong Kong and China. It was my first time visiting both of these places and they totally exceeded all my expectations. The entire trip was incredible, I ate so much good food and saw some amazing sights. My camera really got a workout.
Must-sees in China & Hong Kong//
- In Hong Kong you have to eat at Din Tai Fung and have an out-of-this world eggette sundae from Oddies in Wan Chai. It’s all sweet, savoury, chocolatey, passionfruit, banana goodness and I regularly have dreams about it. Seriously.
- In China you have to visit Beijing and stay in the small traditional streets, Hutongs, and eat as many dumplings as possible from Mr Shi’s Dumplings. You should also definitely visit Jingshan Park for the best views of the city.
- To experience a different side of China you should visit the Yellow Mountain in Huangshan and the West Lake in Hangzhou, they’re two of the most awe-inspiring, naturally beautiful places you could hope to see and they’re both UNESCO World Heritage Listed. While you’re out that way, visit the ancient village of Hongcun, a place you might recognised from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It’s so cool.
Phoebe’s exclusive travel tips//
- If you’re travelling on a budget, which most of us are… let’s be honest, don’t miss out on experiencing luxury. Work out your daily accommodation budget, then underspend on some of those days so you can overspend on your last days. So, stay 4 nights in a super-budget place then stay 2 nights in luxury. It’s a nice way to finish off your trip and give you something to look forward to, rather than just spending the whole time in budget.
- My number one travel hack is to pack a multi-plug power board in my luggage. It means I can charge my phone, camera and my laptop all at once and only need one power converter for that country. I also pack all my shower liquids in an air-tight clear plastic container, so it doesn’t matter if I have to pack wet bottles straight out of the shower and it also doesn’t matter if they leak.
Phoebe’s favourite destination//
It has to be Tokyo! The city is a huge, sprawling metropolis but retains its traditional cultural roots. The people are so lovely and genuinely cool in their attitude and the way they dress. All the parks are incredible and there’s no shortage of things to see and do. It’s the most surreal, mind-blowing place I’ve ever visited and I cannot wait to go back.
Phoebe’s Top 5 dream destinations for 2015//
- New Zealand (we’re going in two weeks! I’m so excited)
- Canadian Rockies
What would your personal hashtag be?//
#Awkward … definitely. That’s me.
Because I’m an introvert and awkward and get myself into the weirdest situations all the time! I prefer to be silly rather than serious and usually end up saying or doing something weird.
Follow Phoebe’s travels on social media//
Instagram | @littlegreybox_phoebe
Facebook | OFFICIAL
Twitter | @littlegreybox
Tumblr | http://littlegreybox.tumblr.com/
Youtube | OFFICIAL